Your customers and drivers rely on properly inflated tires to help them arrive safely at their destinations. Even the best preventive maintenance practices and pre-trip tire checks aren’t able to detect low tire pressures when the vehicle is moving down the highway with a bus load of customers.
With a Doran 360™ tire pressure monitoring system, you can avoid preventable incidents and delays caused by tire problems and protect your passengers. In addition, you extend the life of your tires and reduce operating costs associated with tire repair and maintenance.
Quite simply, the Doran 360™ TPMS is the best overall value in tire pressure monitoring systems in the bus industry. The system provides the operator with reliable and accurate real-time tire pressure information and includes built-in alert settings that help to minimize your costs and protect your investment.
As tire costs increase and road side repair expenses continue to escalate, the Doran 360™ Tire Pressure Monitoring System for motor coaches and transit buses can provide peace of mind and produce sizable cost savings for fleets in a very short period of time.
The Doran 360™ TPMS has a easy-to-read driver interface with simple programming steps and straightforward installation.
Doran 360™ Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems Advantages
Minimizes Tire Repair and Maintenance Costs
- Expenses for roadside tire calls, premature tread wear, fuel and maintenance labor decrease when optimum tire pressures are maintained
- The system continuously monitors tire pressures on up to 36 tires
- The baseline pressure for each wheel position can be customized to coincide with the optimum cold inflation pressure that has been specified for the tire
- The Doran 360HD™ system works with both traditional dual-wheel configurations or wide-base single tire applications
- The monitor/display (approximately the size of a chalkboard eraser) has been streamlined and designed for the truck dashboard with multiple mounting accessories available for customized installation based on the layout of the cab
- The Doran 360HD™ TPMS is easier to install, requires less maintenance and has fewer moving parts than typical tire inflation systems, but it can also be the perfect companion to the inflation systems for maximum tire protection on both the trailer and truck
- Fleets that have implemented the Doran 360™ TPMS on their trucks and trailers have shown that it can deliver an estimated return on investment in as little as 9-12 month
Simple Installation and Operation
- 12-volt hardwire installation of the display and programming/mounting the wireless sensors is estimated to take approximately one hour per truck and trailer
- Green Means Good™ indicator informs the driver at-a-glance that the system is working properly and the tires are properly inflated
- Easy to read digital display with four-way directional button pad make it easy to program and navigate through the system
- Audible alerts and visual warnings provide the tire location and pressure when a tire pressure problem occurs
- A patented “sleep mode” setting will continue to monitor the tires while the ignition is turned off and silence the alarm until the ignition is turned back on
- The majority of OEMs have begun providing the option to install Doran’s TPMS on new trucks
- Dealers and Modification Centers have also completed installation of the Doran TPMS before the fleet takes delivery of the vehicle
Multiple built-in alarms
- Built-in alerts provide warnings to protect against FastLeak™ events and driving on low tire pressures or high temperatures which help to prevent on-highway catastrophic tire failures and minimize downtime
- The display create the following visual and audible alerts when problems with tire pressure develop including:
- Level I Low Pressure warning: initiated when a 12.5% drop from the programmed baseline tire pressure occurs
- Level II Low Pressure warning: activated with a 25% drop from the programmed baseline tire pressure
- FastLeak™ warning (patent pending): triggered when the pressure drops by 4.5psi in less than 16 seconds regardless of the baseline tire pressure
- High Pressure Alarm (optional): can be set to provide warnings with a 25% increase over the programmed baseline tire pressure
- A High Temperature warning is also built-in to the monitor and will trigger a “HOT” alert at 175°F
- Designed for the extremes of the road and the changing weather conditions of driving coast to coast
- The wireless sensors are manufactured using a potting process with high-grade materials to encapsulate the components and provide air tight construction
- The sensors have a unique three-piece seal design which maximizes valve core depression and minimizes potential leaks and extends the life of the sensor
- The improved battery design in the sensors provides an estimated life of five years
- The system has been approved by the FCC and tested to SAE standards for temperature, vibration and chemical/water resistance at an independent a2La accredited testing facility
Integration with telematics and on-board computing/mobile communication providers
- Doran has successfully integrated with a number of third-party providers to take the data and warnings of the truck
- Back-end reporting tools and e-mail/text message alerts can heighten awareness throughout your organization